Winter Camping Information
Extend the season! We are open year round for self-contained RVs.
Fall and Winter are great seasons to visit Maine, with many local activities:
- Shopping – Downtown Freeport is just 6 miles away. Beyond the flagship L.L. Bean store, Freeport offers dozens of outlet stores and many restaurants to choose from. Falmouth Village and Portland’s Old Port also offer shopping within a 30-minute drive.
- Skiiing and Hiking – Pineland Farms, just 10 miles away, offers 25 km of trails for biking, hiking, and cross-country skiing. Additional skiing and snowshoeing trails within a 30-minute drive can be found at Smiling Hill Farm in Westbrook and Lost Valley in Auburn.
- Snowmobiling – The Maine Snowmobile Association website offers a map of Maine’s Interconnected Trail System. Local snowmobile clubs, such as the Topsham Trailriders, Gorham SnoGoers, and Lewiston’s Hillside Family Riders also offer local trail system maps.
For more information on local winter attractions and activities:
- Maine Office of Tourism http://www.visitmaine.com/
- Maine Snowmobile Association http://www.mesnow.com/
- Maine State Parks http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks/
- “RV Winter Camping in Maine” http://www.livestrong.com/article/163477-rv-winter-camping-in-maine/
- “Winterizing Your RVs” http://www.crossroadsrv.com/owners/winter.asp